Sunday, August 23, 2009

Paris part II, last days in Cambridge, and the point


After spending the night in the Barcelona train station we were able to get on a train headed towards France. We got off at the border and went and explored a little town called Ceberes. It was absolutely beautiful and we found a little bakery that made the best croissants ever. I ate four of them. We then made stops in Narbonne and Montpellier on our way to Paris. Once we got to paris we walked along the Seine, ate Crepes, and took pictures of the Eiffel Tower at night that was absolutely beautiful. We then took the metro back to the bus station. On the way I saw a guy on the train with a basketball and I talked to him about Nicolas Batum and the Blazers. He had heard of BYU before because of the NCAA tournament.

The bus ride back was really long, but it was good to be back in Cambridge. That afternoon I had my last supervision that went really well. It has been amazing working with Professor Steinberg. That night we had a final formal dinner, afterwards they had a party with a slideshow and dancing. After that we all went out to a club that the programme had reserved for us.

The next day I spent as tourist in Cambridge. I toured around Cambridge and did all of the other things that I have wanted to do that I havent gotten around to yet. That night everyone said goodbye. I have gotten to know lots of people really well, and it was sad to see everyone leave.

Yesterday I left Cambridge early afternoon for London. I then met up with my cousin Georgie and went to here flat in East London. We went out to a local pub and saw some of the area where she lives. We spent the night at her place and woke up the next morning and after a walk through a local market we took off for Sonning where her family was staying.

Sonning has been amazing. The house the Clark's have here is in an absolutely beautiful location. It is right on the Thames. We spent the afternoon barbecuing and eating strawberries and cream next to the river. Afterwards we went on a boat ride up the river. It was an absolutely beautiful day, and the scenery was incredible. It has been really great getting to know the Clark family.
Boat ride on the Thames

The boat that I sleep in
Relaxing at the point

Dinner last night in Cambridge with Dr Martland

After the formal dinner
Eiffel Tower at night
Ceberes


No comments:

Post a Comment