Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last full week in Cambridge/YourEuroBasedSon Part III


I am up kind of late and I have my last final exam tomorrow so I probably shouldn't be blogging, but it has been a little while since I last posted and I leave for Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Cordova, and Seville tomorrow so it may be awhile before I am able to do so again. This week has been full of studying and paper writing. I can't wait for 6:00 pm tomorrow when my last final gets out, because my bus for mainland Europe leaves at 6:50. Yes a bus to mainland Europe. Apparently the put the bus on a ferry, I should be able to sleep the whole time and it is the cheapest way to get to Paris.

My supervision continues to go really well. My supervisor is excited about my paper. This week he offered to continue supervising me through skype once I go back to BYU, with the goal to eventually get this paper published in The Historical Journal published by Cambridge University Press. It will be a lot of work, but an amazing opportunity. My supervisor used to be an editor or someone high up with the journal and said that if it goes well he will recommend my paper to the Journal. I was hoping to maybe get something published in the BYU undergraduate historical journal before coming to Cambridge, my sights have now been set a little higher!

I need to get to bed so here are some pictures.

Your Euro Based Son Part III


Well they don't eat spiders here but if I leave my window open I get tons of bugs in my room because I overhang the river. I found this spider last night in my room, to give you an idea of how big he was, that is your average sized crown molding behind him.

We found a Polish Restaurant in town

I had potato pancakes with beef goulash, they were really good!
I also tried borscht and a few other traditional polish dishes.

Bangers and Mash

Stake and Ale Cornish Pasties
Lemon Fanta is amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment